What is Resin Surfacing?
Resin driveways and resin bound paving is a very popular choice these days, for laying new driveways or upgrading existing ones.
Resin Driveways or Resin Bonded Driveways are a very solid material with no loose stones. It is also low maintenance and only needs light cleaning to keep it looking as good as new. LSB surfacing can install your new Resin driveway using a variety of different types of edging and finishes to suit all requirements.
- Resin driveways have no loose stones
- Low maintenance
Advantages of resin driveways
- It is permeable which allows rainwater to drain away easily.
- It looks good! A well laid driveway can look stunning and add ‘kerb appeal’ and value to your home.
- It is low maintenance. You will not be on your hands and knees weeding, or sweeping up loose stones. All it requires is sweep with a broom and the occaisional wash with a pressure washer to keep it looking as good as new.
- The excellent drainage properties mean that surface water and puddles are reduced. This therefore avoids flash flooding from water run off that affect roads and other non permeable surfaces.
- Resin bonded surfaces do not react to extremes of temperate like other surfaces do. It will not start to melt and go sticky like tarmac. It doesn’t fade in sunlight, or freeze in winter.
- Because it is permeable it allows the soil underneath to breath. This prevents ‘heat islands’ where hard surfaces such as ashfelt absorb and store heat.
- You do not require planning permission to lay a Resin driveway. Since 2008 areas which are permeable, or less than 5m squared no longer require permission.
How much does a Resin driveway cost?
In general, a typical residential driveway will cost upwards of £50 per square metre. However, this does depend on the size and layout of your drive, the type and size of aggregate, the required depth and existing surface it is to be laid on.
The larger the area to be paved, the less per square metre it costs to lay.
How long will it last?
This will obviosly depend on the use, loads placed on and how well it is maintained. Whilst gurantees can vary, if you look after and maintain your new resin driveway it can last for 25 years or more.